Saturday 6 December 2008

I Feel Good!

I am surprised that I feel so good with my studies at the moment, but I do, although I'm not too keen on all the late nights and abandonment of my children (with my husband that is!) I am enjoying the sense of achievement that I am experiencing throughout this module.

I have published my first video on YouTube, I never thought that I would do something like that and it's got nothing to do with me making a fool of myself! I have enjoyed the fact that I have felt that I have actually been able to help people and offer support, only earlier was I having an instant messaging conversation with someone, trying to help them work on their web page.

Initially I did have concerns about publishing myself on the Internet, I have since overcome these concerns by looking at it as way to building a stronger, more trusting community by giving my co-researcher information about me so that they can have an understanding of me, and what I am like.

I looked at it this way because of the research that I had done, and trust was mentioned a lot throughout this, and that it was vitally important to the development of a community. So I asked myself how could trust establish without anyone with never meeting them or knowing anything about each other, that is why I chose to share information about myself.

I know that my details on the personal web pages that I have created can be viewed by general public, however I have been very selective in the information that I have shared, giving enough of an insight so that co-researchers can get to know me, but not sharing anything that was too private that could be used for stealing my identity or other not so nice activities!

No comments: