Tuesday 9 December 2008

The end is nigh!

The end of the IOCT is in sight now, I think that I have covered everything that I needed to although the more that I read the more that I doubt myself! I have a few more days before the deadline and I think that I am going to take the same advice as I gave to a co-researcher earlier when I said that it was probably a good idea to have a couple of days break and come back to it with a clear head and a fresher pair of eyes!

I know that I have said it before but I have enjoyed this module and I feel that I have had a useful part to play within the community, I have been helping others out when they have been stuck and I have been able to give advice quickly and effectively, without having to go and look myself before giving my answer.

Having a good knowledge of ICT, has helped me greatly and I have begun to identify ways that I can development them more in the future. I would particularly like to develop my multimedia and web developing skills. I intend to investigate software packages that will help me do this and who knows I may even add them to my Christmas list, but I think a new pair of boots would be better!

I am looking forward to the handing this module in, just because I want to start getting in to the festive spirit and spending some quality time with my husband and children. Although it will feel strange not checking into FirstClass at every spare moment! It will be nice to break up from work and know that my studies are also on holiday! It will also be nice to pick up and read a book without having a notepad, pen and highlighter at the side of me, making notes!

Knowing that the end is in sight makes me feel excited but then I get carried away and I start thinking about the marking and assessment of my modules and I being to panic again, wondering if I have done enough, thinking about what else I should have done, but for the IWS module this panicking is too late, I do hope that I don't spend the Christmas holidays panicking.

Well the first part of this journey is nearly over, and I a step closer to my final destination (well hopefully anyway!)

Kirstie

No comments: